Download Toshiba Reports
The contents of CSR report 2009 - 2014 doesn't reflect the financial restatement announced in September 2015. Regarding the financial results after the restatement, please visit www.toshiba.co.jp/about/ir/en/finance/
Our core CSR commitments and priorities as a "corporate citizen of planet Earth".
The United Nations Global Compact is a principle-based framework to encourage businesses worldwide to adopt sustainable and socially responsible policies, and to report on their implementation. The ten principles cover human rights, labor, the environment and anti-corruption. Through this voluntary corporate citizenship agreement, companies pledge to adhere to the universal principles. The Global Compact also provides a forum for discussion and a network for communication that includes governments, companies, labor organizations and UN agencies.
Toshiba was one of the first companies to join in 2004 and major companies from around the world are now participating in the initiative. Toshiba participated in 2007 as an advisor to the project, utilizing GRI guidelines to prepare "Communication on Progress (COP)", a report of the progress on the implementation of Global Compact principles.
Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
5. the effective abolition of child labor; and
6. the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
10. Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery.